Frequently asked questions
What question would you like to see answered?
- How can I get a quotation?
- Can De Keizer assemble my furniture?
- How do I order furniture from De Keizer?
- What is the delivery period?
- Is storage of my furniture possible?
- When do I have to pay what amount?
- What methods of payment are available?
- What are the conditions and rates for delivery?
- What kind of warranty do I get? What are De Keizer’s terms of sale?
Can you not find the answer to your question? Please contact us.
How can I get a quotation?
Receiving a quotation for one or multiple items is easy. Just contact us and tell us for which items you would like to get a quotation. It goes without saying, but our quotations are always free and do not oblige you to buy any product.
Can De keizer assemble my furniture?
We surely can! That is: if you want us to. If you prefer to assemble the furniture yourself, we will tell you how to do so in the store.
If you want us to assemble your furniture though, you should know that assembly at your home is free for many items. For other items we ask a small surcharge. Contact us to find out if free assembly applies to the items of your choice.
How do I order furniture from De Keizer?
There are several ways to do this:
In our webshop
- Click on an item in our webshop. Next to the product you will find a button, “Add to cart”. Click this button if you want to buy it. (Note: several larger items cannot be bought online. You will know because the “Add to cart” button is not there. Contact us if you want to order those items.)
- On top of the page you will find a button with the icon of a shopping basket. If you click this button, you will see all items you’ve added to your cart. Select the method of shipping that you prefer. Then click “Proceed to checkout”.
- Fill out your details and choose your method of payment. Click “Place order”. You will now be redirected to a page where you will finish your payment. Please wait until the page confirms that your purchase was succesful.
In our furniture store in Ternat (near Brussels)
- We will write down your order in the store. You will have to sign the order.
- You then pay either an advance or the entire amount, depending on the product. The order will only be processed when we receive either the advance or the full amount.
By email or phone
- Let us know which item(s) you would like to order. After you’ve placed your order you will receive a confirmation by email or regular mail.
- As soon as we receive the agreed amount, we will start processing your order.
What is the delivery period?
We have many products in stock. Do not hesitate to ask us about our stock. Items that are not available can be ordered by us. Items that need be tailor-made can also be ordered through us. The delivery period for any item that we have to order varies, depending on production time and the mode of transport.
In certain cases an exact delivery date can be communicated; in other cases though we will give a rough date. Do you need to get a specific item by a certain date? Let us know, and we will tell you if this is realistic.
Is storage of my furniture possible?
Our storage rooms are at your disposal if you temporarily need to store your new furniture until your home is ready. We only ask from you an additional downpayment on your furniture, depending on the length you need your items to be stored and the total amount you’re due.
We offer a second option for those who do not have a home yet that is ready to receive their furniture. In case you do not order from our stock, an extended delivery time is possible. In this option, the furniture of your choice will only be brought to De Keizer by the manufacturer in the month or week of your choice. If you choose this option an additional downpayment is not required; however, it also means that your order will not be delivered to De Keizer until the date that we agreed upon.
When do I have to pay what amount?
Besides the advance that you will have to pay before your order will be processed, you will need to pay the full amount at the moment of delivery or pick-up.
What methods of payment are available?
In our store you can use the following methods of payment:
- Bancontact (if you would like to pay larger amounts, it is adviced to contact your bank beforehand, so that they know that a legitimate transaction is occuring);
- Certified bank check;
- Cash up to € 3000. Also, up to 10% of the total amount due can be paid in cash if the total amount is larger than € 2999.
Upon delivery you can use the following methods of payment:
- Certified bank check;
- Cash up to € 3000. Also, up to 10% of the total amount due can be paid in cash if the total amount is larger than € 2999. (An advance in cash will be counted; an electronically transfered advance will not.)
A bank transfer is possible under the following conditions:
- If it’s a downpayment: your order will be processed when we receive your deposit on our bank account;
- The amount you transferred needs to be received on our bank account before we can deliver your order or before you can pick it up.
What are the conditions and rates for delivery?
Each price that we mention on our website or in our other communication is a pick-up price, and thus excludes delivery (unless specified otherwise). This means that for some products a delivery fee might be added if you choose to have the product delivered.
- Shipment: Packages that weigh less than 20 kilograms and have a maximum length of 300 centimeters for the longest side and as the double for the two shortest sides, can be shipped within Belgium for € 7, and to the Netherlands, Luxemburg and Germany for € 19.
- A maximum distance applies for those products whose price includes delivery; a shipment fee will be added if the delivery address exceeds that distance.
- Delivery up to 10 kilometers costs € 30 for packages that can be carried by 1 person, and can be delivered to a front door or a downstairs hallway. For packages that need to be carried by 2 people, this price is € 40.
- Delivery up to 20 kilometers costs € 40 for packages that can be carried by 1 person, and € 50 if they need to be carried by 2 persons.
- Delivery up to 50 kilometers costs € 50 for packages that can be carried by 1 person, and € 70 if they need to be carried by 2 persons.
- Custom shipment fee: contact us for custom delivery ideas or for delivery of more that 50 kilometers.
- The distances for shipment are always measured to the delivery address.
- You can pick up your order within our opening hours.
- You are more than welcome to rent our van (240x140x140 cm, with a maximum cargo weight of +/- 1000 kilograms). Make a reservation if you wish to use the van. (Do not worry though: making a reservation is always without obligation.) You will need to possess a driving license B and a passport or ID card. We charge a deposit of € 50. We charge the following petrol fees: € 15 for up to 15 km, € 20 up to 25 km, € 30 up to 50 km and € 50 up to 100 km; please note though that your rental fee always includes these petrol fees, which means that no additional costs will be charged afterwards. We help you load the van without any charge. If you wish to also transport other items besides those you bought at De Keizer, than you’re more than welcome to do so. The van needs be returned in a clean and empty state and without any damages in order to receive your paid deposit back. The distances for renting the van include your full travel distance, i.e. from our store and back. You can use the van earliest at 10AM; the van needs to be returned by 7PM. We will only start loading the van after you arrived at our store and after you paid the full rental fee.
What kind of warranty do I get? What are De Keizer’s terms of sale?
- Click here (PDF in Dutch) to read the terms of sale, ‘Meubelwaarborg’.
- The ‘Meubelwaarborg’ is a warranty that was conceived by ‘Test-Aankoop’, NAVEM (the Association of Furniture Vendors), ‘Arcopar’ and the ‘Bond van Grote en Jonge Gezinnen’.
- In case a repair should not be free, or not mentioned in the terms of sale, please contact us. We will always do our best to help you.